HomeResourcesEventsContact

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wonderful Weekend


On Saturday, I spent the day at the Dublin Literacy Conference.  I had a fabulous time learning new literacy activities to implement into my classroom.  I think my favorite part of the day was meeting four fabulous authors, Kate Messner, Louise Borden, Ralph Fletcher, and Jarrett Krosoczka.  I can't wait to share my new book purchases with the kids tomorrow.  I am sure they will fight over who gets to read the new Lunch Lady books first.



This week in the classroom:

MATH - We are beginning our Geometry unit.  The students have a Geometry Folder that will hold all of their notes.  I will have them bring them home for you to see later in the week. 

SCIENCE - The Weather unit continues.  This week we will focus on warm and cold fronts.  We will discuss what types of weather and air they bring to the area.  

SOCIAL STUDIES - We are learning about the historic Indians that lived in Ohio during the 1600's.  Each tribe has it's own unique culture and life style.  There will be a test over both the Prehistoric and Historic tribes on Thursday.  The students will be able to use their notes for this test.  

READING -- Students are finishing up their Civil Rights ABC books.  We are also beginning to research their Ohio Heroes.  We will write the reports and speeches at school.   Don't forget your child needs a costume for the wax museum.  I will send out more information about the wax museum as time gets closer.  

Thanks for all you do to help your child be successful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment